Fannie Mae is saying that sales may decline by up to 15% in 2020 due to the coronavirus disrupting the housing market. Home Builder confidence is plummeting to its lowest level since 2012. And which US housing markets will be the most affected by COVID-19? This and more below the fold.
To stay on top of the latest trends and news in Real Estate. Sign up for the weekly digs newsletter.
🎧 Latest Podcasts
BiggerPockets Podcast 378: A $500M Syndicator’s View on Today’s Market and How to Succeed as a “Hands-Off Investor” with Brian Burke
With a recession already underway, we’re turning to an investor with 30 years of experience, 3,000-plus multifamily units acquired, and one of the sharpest minds in real estate. Brian Burke is back today, and he sits down with Brandon and David to offer his interpretation of current events and togui
📖 Latest Blog Posts
From Calculated Risk’s Most recent posts
Phoenix Real Estate in March: Sales up 3.4% YoY, Active Inventory Down 22% YoY
- by Calculated Risk on 4/17/2020 08:44:00 AM
April 16 Update: US COVID-19 Test Results
- by Calculated Risk on 4/16/2020 05:53:00 PM
CAR on California March Housing: Sales down 6.1% YoY
- by Calculated Risk on 4/16/2020 03:18:00 PM
Lawler: Redfin Selected Housing Market Data
- by Calculated Risk on 4/16/2020 11:59:00 AM
Comments on March Housing Starts
- by Calculated Risk on 4/16/2020 11:50:00 AM
From Realtor.com’s Latest News
New-Home Construction Records Biggest Monthly Decline Since March 1984, as Coronavirus Pandemic Takes a Toll
- Despite a slowdown, housing starts and building permitting activity are still occurring at a faster pace than a year ago.
Fannie Mae: Home Sales Will Decline by Nearly 15% in 2020 Due to Coronavirus
- Meanwhile, low interest rates are expected to keep mortgage refinancing volumes high throughout the year.
Home-Builder Confidence Plummets to Lowest Level Since 2012 as Coronavirus Disrupts Construction Activity
- The tone among home builders has quickly turned negative as the coronavirus outbreak hits the U.S. housing market.
Mortgage Forbearance Is Not All It’s Cracked Up To Be—Here’s the Ugly Truth
- Mortgage forbearance is offering struggling homeowners temporary relief. But it could lead to another foreclosure crisis if additional assistance isn’t provided.
From Spark Rental’s Latest Blog Posts
Which US Housing Markets Will Be Most Affected by COVID-19?
- Not all housing markets are created equal. Nor do they all face the same risk from the coronavirus pandemic and the damage it leaves in its wake. In early April, ATTOM Data Solutions released an analysis of which US cities and counties are most vulnerable to a drop in…
Should Real Estate Investors Buy Properties During the COVID-19 Pandemic?
- As Baron Rothschild famously put it, “the time to buy is when there’s blood in the streets.” And as bad as the bleeding has been over the last month, it’s going to get much, much worse before the COVID-19 crisis passes. Which raises the question: Should real estate…
Unpaid Rents: Landlords, Rent Defaults & Evictions During the COVID-19 Pandemic
- The new “C” word, coronavirus, has caused disruptions so different, so enormous, that it’s left most investors and landlords scrambling to keep up with constantly-evolving changes to how we do business. For landlords, COVID-19 is not only creating the problem of mass…
How Does the Coronavirus Impact Real Estate Investors? (Updated)
- Evolving story, updated several times weekly as we know more. As the coronavirus continues rattling investors and shuttering businesses around the world, people keep asking me the same question over and over: What will the impact on real estate be? Because no…
From Bigger Pockets’ Top Popular Posts
Crisis Investing 101: The Most Recession-Proof Real Estate Niches
- By Paul Moore
6 Things You Can Do NOW to Be Prepared as an Investor Post-Pandemic
- By Marcus Maloney
Stimulus Checks: How Much Will They Be? Who Is Eligible? (Coronavirus Stimulus Package Q&A)
- By Natalie Kolodij
From PM Insider’s Latest Posts
- 4 Tips for Leasing Successfully During COVID-19
- What’s at Risk with Vendors who Work on Your Property?
- Keeping Spending in Step with RealPage Spend Management
- Providing Key Communication Link to Residents and Employees when Needed the Most
🤓 From Reddit
From Reddits /r/RealEstate Subreddit
Fannie Mae: Home sales will decline by nearly 15% in 2020 due to coronavirus
- current score on reddit: 422
Exclusive: JPMorgan Chase to raise mortgage borrowing standards as economic outlook darkens
- current score on reddit: 415
CNBC: US home construction collapsed 22.3% in March
- current score on reddit: 346