Many home-buyers are now scrambling to cut deals that would have been difficult or impossible only a couple months ago. The Fed cut interest rates to 0%, what does that mean for you? And more news on upcoming stimulus checks. This and more below the fold.
Stay on top of Real Estate news and trends with our weekly newsletter
🎧 Latest Podcasts
BiggerPockets Podcast 376: 12 Real Estate Rockstars Reveal Their #1 Tip for Surviving (and Thriving) through a Downturn
Strength in numbers! When you finish this episode, you’ll have 12+ action items that could help you withstand the coming economic slump… and perhaps even accelerate your path to financial freedom. Each investor featured today gives you their top piece of advice for handling an economic downturn: f
📖 Latest Blog Posts
From Calculated Risk’s Most recent posts
Sunday Night Futures
- by Calculated Risk on 4/05/2020 06:49:00 PM
April 5 Update: US COVID-19 Test Results
- by Calculated Risk on 4/05/2020 05:09:00 PM
April 4 Update: US COVID-19 Test Results Increase; California to Increase Testing Fivefold
- by Calculated Risk on 4/04/2020 05:59:00 PM
Schedule for Week of April 5, 2020
- by Calculated Risk on 4/04/2020 08:11:00 AM
April 3 Update: US COVID-19 Test Results per Day; More Testing Needed
- by Calculated Risk on 4/03/2020 05:02:00 PM
From Realtor.com’s Latest News
It’s Time for Home Buyers to Drive a Hard Bargain
- Uncertainty has opened a window for investors and end-users alike to cut a deal that would have been difficult or impossible only two months ago.
These Mortgage Borrowers Will Be ‘the First Canary in the Coal Mine’ for a Coronavirus-Fueled Foreclosure Crisis, Regulator Says
- Federal Housing Finance Agency Director Mark Calabria told CNBC that ‘it is certainly possible’ the number of delinquencies caused by the coronavirus outbreak could exceed the subprime mortgage crisis in some segments of the market.
Coronavirus Forcing Home Buyers to Scramble to Close Deals
- Real-estate agents are rushing to help home buyers and sellers close pending house sales, as the pandemic poses unprecedented obstacles to a high-touch process traditionally done in person.
U.S. Home-Price Growth Accelerated Before Pandemic
- Home-price growth accelerated in January, the latest indication that the U.S. housing market was poised for a strong year of sales before the coronavirus pandemic struck.
From Spark Rental’s Latest Blog Posts
How Do 1031 Exchanges Work? Defer Taxes on Investment Properties
- Owning that first rental property is a huge milestone for investors. It lets you dip your toe into the market, gain experience in property management, and build confidence in your judgement. But for ambitious landlords, the first property is marks just one step on a…
How Does the Coronavirus Impact Real Estate Investors? (Updated)
- Evolving story, updated several times weekly as we know more. As the coronavirus continues rattling investors and shuttering businesses around the world, people keep asking me the same question over and over: What will the impact on real estate be? Because no…
Unpaid Rents: Landlords, Rent Defaults & Evictions During the COVID-19 Pandemic
- The new “C” word, coronavirus, has caused disruptions so different, so enormous, that it’s left most investors and landlords scrambling to keep up with constantly-evolving changes to how we do business. For landlords, COVID-19 is not only creating the problem of…
10 DIY Home Improvement Ideas While You’re Stuck at Home for the Pandemic
- Want to boost your property’s value with DIY home improvements before selling or leasing it, but strapped for cash? No biggie. You’d be amazed how much you can do yourself, even if you’re not exactly Tim the Toolman Taylor. Sure, you may not be knocking down walls or…
From Bigger Pockets’ Top Popular Posts
Wholesalers & Flippers: Here’s Where the Real Money Is in Real Estate
- By Brad Uhlig
The Fed Cut Interest Rates to 0% — What Does This Mean for You?
- By Andrew Syrios
Stimulus Checks: How Much Will They Be? Who Is Eligible? (Coronavirus Stimulus Package Q&A)
- By Natalie Kolodij
From PM Insider’s Latest Posts
- COVID-19: Impact on Rental Housing Operations (Webcast Summary)
- COVID-19: Impact on Apartment Pricing (Webcast Summary)
- RealPage COVID-19 Resource Center: Managing rental housing’s new challenges
- COVID-19: Impact on Apartment Demand (Webcast Summary)
🤓 From Reddit
From Reddits /r/RealEstate Subreddit
Mortgage applications to buy a home plummet 24% annually as coronavirus slams spring housing
- current score on reddit: 498
The 2008 housing crash was caused by overleveraged homeowners. Will a (small) 2020 housing crash be caused by overleveraged AirBnB owners?
- current score on reddit: 387
Could this virus outbreak be the bane of commercial real estate?
- current score on reddit: 276