Mom and Pop landlords — owners of up to 50% of rentals nationwide — could be hit the hardest by the COVID-19 pandemic, as renters start missing payments. 10 DIY home ideas while you are home during the pandemic, and from Bigger Pockets: a podcast Q&A on the Coronavirus pandemic. This and more below the fold.
For the latest news and insights in Real Estate. Join our community — its free
🎧 Latest Podcasts
BiggerPockets Podcast 375: Live Coronavirus Q&A: Resources, Tactics, and Mindset Shifts for Today’s Real Estate Investor
Economic upheaval. Tenants losing their jobs. Entire cities shut down. How should real estate investors operate today? In this episode, we’re opening up the phone lines and patching in both expert investors (Tarl Yarber, Avery Carl, Justin Stamper) and newbies (Sawyer, Adam, Joe) in various markets
📖 Latest Blog Posts
From Calculated Risk’s Most recent posts
Personal Income increased 0.6% in February, Spending increased 0.2%, Core PCE increase 0.2%
- by Calculated Risk on 3/27/2020 09:09:00 AM
Friday: Personal Income & Outlays
- by Calculated Risk on 3/26/2020 07:50:00 PM
March 26 Update: US COVID-19 Tests per Day #TestAndTrace
- by Calculated Risk on 3/26/2020 05:35:00 PM
Freddie Mac: Mortgage Serious Delinquency Rate Unchanged in February
- by Calculated Risk on 3/26/2020 05:15:00 PM
Hotels: Occupancy Rate Declined 56% Year-over-year to All Time Record Low
- by Calculated Risk on 3/26/2020 11:16:00 AM
From Realtor.com’s Latest News
The Coronavirus Could Hit Mom-and-Pop Landlords Hard as Tenants Miss Rent Payments
- Mom-and-pop landlords own nearly half of all rental units nationwide; “Landlords are just trying to pay bills like everyone else.”
New-Home Sales Drop 4.4% in February From January’s 13-Year High
- Sales volume is expected to slow significantly in the months ahead as a result of the coronavirus pandemic.
How Is the Coronavirus Affecting Real Estate? A Realtor Explains
Home Builders Still Hammering Away but Fear a Slowdown Looms
- The coronavirus outbreak and weakening economy are likely to delay construction and exacerbate the housing shortage.
From Spark Rental’s Latest Blog Posts
10 DIY Home Improvement Ideas While You’re Stuck at Home for the Pandemic
- Want to boost your property’s value with DIY home improvements before selling or leasing it, but strapped for cash? No biggie. You’d be amazed how much you can do yourself, even if you’re not exactly Tim the Toolman Taylor. Sure, you may not be knocking down walls or…
Mashvisor Review: How Well Does Mashvisor Work for Real Estate Investors?
- Despite the promises of fast-talking, out-of-town promoters who invite the naive to “free” Get-Rich-Quick seminars in a local hotel, building passive income through rental properties is neither simple nor guaranteed. Real estate profits are limited by the knowledge,…
How Does the Coronavirus Impact Real Estate Investors?
- As the coronavirus continues rattling investors and shuttering businesses around the world, people keep asking me the same question over and over: What will the impact on real estate be? Because no one knows how long the global pandemic will last, no one can know how…
Out-of-State Real Estate Investing with BRRRRs: Whitney’s System
- “I keep offering to pay for my husband to retire and mountain bike all day, if he’ll move overseas with me. So far he keeps turning me down, but we’ll travel the world sooner or later!” Whitney Hutten is 44 and brings in around $15,000 per month in passive rental…
From Bigger Pockets’ Top Popular Posts
Are Your Tenants Unable to Pay Rent Due to Coronavirus? Here’s What to Do
- By Brandon Turner
How Does an LLC Owner Get Paid?
- By Scott Smith
Coronavirus & Under Contract on a Home: Should You Reconsider?
- By Mindy Jensen
From PM Insider’s Latest Posts
- COVID-19: Impact on Apartment Pricing (Webcast Summary)
- RealPage COVID-19 Resource Center: Managing rental housing’s new challenges
- COVID-19: Impact on Apartment Demand (Webcast Summary)
- Improving trash management and increasing recycling
🤓 From Reddit
From Reddits /r/RealEstate Subreddit
Best Realtor one-liner of the day!
- current score on reddit: 459
Landlords will be granted U.S. mortgage relief if they delay evictions
- current score on reddit: 375
I know three buyers getting out of their contracts right now due to fears of housing prices declining significantly over the next couple of months. Does anyone anticipate the housing prices to reduce? With so many people out of work, it seems inevitable.
- current score on reddit: 335