We are in some pretty uncharted territory, and it’s going to be a little while before the dust settles and we see the devastation of the Coronavirus to the markets, and the local economies throughout the USA. Restaurant attendance has plummeted, renters are losing their hourly paychecks, and nobody is entirely sure what comes next. This and more, on the Weekly Digs.
Join the Weekly Digs for weekly news, updates and trends in Real Estate
🎧 Latest Podcasts
BiggerPockets Podcast 373: Invest Locally or Out of State? Why Not Both! BRRRRing & Building with Lee Ripma
Four years ago, Lee Ripma was brand new to real estate. She vowed she’d one day appear on the BiggerPockets Podcast. That day has come. And we’re all better off for it! In this action-packed episode, Lee traces her journey from full-time field biologist to newbie who jumped straight into long-distan
📖 Latest Blog Posts
From Calculated Risk’s Most recent posts
Industrial Production Increased in February
- by Calculated Risk on 3/17/2020 09:22:00 AM
Retail Sales decreased 0.5% in February
- by Calculated Risk on 3/17/2020 08:36:00 AM
Tuesday: Retail Sales, Industrial Production, Homebuilder Survey, Job Openings
- by Calculated Risk on 3/16/2020 06:59:00 PM
Thanks to All the Heroes!
- by Calculated Risk on 3/16/2020 04:57:00 PM
Update: Decline in Restaurant Traffic
- by Calculated Risk on 3/16/2020 01:24:00 PM
From Realtor.com’s Latest News
Pending Home Sales Rebounded 5.2% in January as Low Mortgage Rates Boost the Housing Sector
- Pending sales declined on a monthly basis in the West, but improved across the rest of the country.
New Home Sales Soar to Highest Level Since 2007
- A strong job market, low mortgage rates and mild weather are a winning combination for the housing market.
Pace of Home Price Growth Picked up in December
- The pace of home price growth sped up in December, marking a full eight years of price increases in American homes for sale.
U.S. Existing-Home Sales Declined 1.3% in January
- A dearth of inventory has been a persistent drag on the housing market.
From Spark Rental’s Latest Blog Posts
How Does the Coronavirus Impact Real Estate Investors?
- As the coronavirus continues rattling investors and shuttering businesses around the world, people keep asking me the same question over and over: What will the impact on real estate be? Because no one knows how long the global pandemic will last, no one can know how…
Out-of-State Real Estate Investing with BRRRRs: Whitney’s System
- “I keep offering to pay for my husband to retire and mountain bike all day, if he’ll move overseas with me. So far he keeps turning me down, but we’ll travel the world sooner or later!” Whitney Hutten is 44 and brings in around $15,000 per month in passive rental…
How to Buy Turnkey Properties Sight Unseen
- Would you buy a rental property sight unseen? It might sound like a terrifying prospect, but it’s actually much more common than you’d think. Thanks to technology and the Internet it’s now easier than ever for investors to research and buy turnkey properties in the…
The Debt Snowball Method, FIRE, and Real Estate Investing
- When you’ve got extra money in your budget for financial goals, should you allocate it toward aggressive debt payoff or invest it? Financial experts love to point to math that shows investing is usually the best place for your money, but that decision proves…
From Bigger Pockets’ Top Popular Posts
How to Build a Rental Portfolio That Nets $10K a Month
- By Jennifer Beadles
5 Ways the Next Recession Can Make You Rich
- By Philip Michael
12 Lies People Believe About Getting Out of Debt
- By Nathaniel Hovsepian
From PM Insider’s Latest Posts
- Opening the doors to growing international student population
- A Life Worth Living
- Cool ROI Through Property Maintenance
- Are You Ready for Benchmarking Season 2020?
🤓 From Reddit
From Reddits /r/RealEstate Subreddit
I’m fighting the coronavirus by suspending one month’s rent for all my Las Vegas tenants.
- current score on reddit: 1401
Expert: Coronavirus starting to scare away homebuyers and sellers
- current score on reddit: 372
Shoutout to everyone closing on their first home this week! Congrats! We got this!
- current score on reddit: 305