This Week in the Weekly Digs: In Bigger Pockets podcast – Will Brown reveals how laser-focusing on “deal flow” allowed him to build a rental property portfolio.Home Permits Soar to Highest Level in 13 Years in January, and We have a list of the apartment features tenants want most these days. This and more below the fold
Get the latest trends and news in Real Estate weekly. For Free. Sign up now!
🎧 Latest Podcasts
$700,000-plus in wholesale fees—fresh out of high school! On this show, Will Brown reveals how laser-focusing on “deal flow” allowed him to build a rental property portfolio, build a self-sustaining business, and amass a small fortune… all in a matter of months. You’ll be blown away by Will’s story
📖 Latest Blog Posts
From Calculated Risk’s Most recent posts
Monday: ISM Manufacturing, Construction Spending
- by Calculated Risk on 3/01/2020 08:27:00 PM
February 2020: Unofficial Problem Bank list Decreased to 63 Institutions
- by Calculated Risk on 3/01/2020 01:07:00 PM
Schedule for Week of March 1, 2020
- by Calculated Risk on 2/29/2020 08:11:00 AM
Fannie Mae: Mortgage Serious Delinquency Rate unchanged in January
- by Calculated Risk on 2/28/2020 04:27:00 PM
The Economic Impact of the COVID-19
- by Calculated Risk on 2/28/2020 12:41:00 PM
From Realtor.com’s Latest News
Home Permits Soar to Highest Level in 13 Years in January, Even as New Construction Dips Slightly
- Home builders appear ready to ramp up construction on new homes, including multifamily buildings.
Mortgage Rates Rise Slightly From 3-Year Lows—Here’s Why Low Rates Won’t Help Home Buyers Very Much
- Even as mortgage rates hover around five-decade lows, home buyers may still feel the affordability squeeze, thanks to rising property values.
Are You Waiting for House Prices to Drop During the Next Recession to Buy a Home? Why You Could Have a Very Long Wait
- It’s unclear when the next recession will come. But a recent report argues that when it does, the U.S. housing market is unlikely to adversely affected in any major way.
Mortgage Rates Fall to the Lowest Level Since 2016—Could This Be the Last Affordable Spring Home-Buying Season?
- Mortgage rates dropped for the third consecutive week, leaving the average interest rate for a 30-year fixed-rate mortgage at just 3.45%.
From Spark Rental’s Latest Blog Posts
Apartment Amenities in Demand: Housing Features Tenants Want Most
- As an investor, every dollar spent needs to justify itself. You have to weigh which real estate amenities are worth your extra money based on which can garner higher rental rates, better tenants, and stronger loyalty. Some apartment amenities are consistently in…
How to Invest in Real Estate: 12 Types of Real Estate Investments
- I love real estate investments as a source of income. Whether you’re looking to earn a quick return through wholesaling or flipping, or earn ongoing passive income from rental properties, there are dozens of strategies and types of real estate investing. Most real…
What Is Wholesaling Real Estate? Is It Too Good to Be True?
- For most of us, the term “wholesale” refers to the lower price that a business pays for items, compared to the retail price that they sell to consumers. It turns out that real estate wholesaling works exactly the same way. But in the case of wholesale real estate, the…
How to Buy Foreclosures: How John Nets $20,000 in Monthly Rents
- At 30, John Soforic was broke. But he had a vision: he wanted to earn $220,000 per year in passive income. So he wrote himself a check for $220,000, which he set aside where he would see it. By his late 40s, that vision had become reality. Not that he waited that long…
From Bigger Pockets’ Top Popular Posts
3 Productivity Books That Changed My Life
- By Nathan Brooks
Why Your Rental Property Isn’t Making Money
- By Steve Rozenberg
The Big Tax Benefits of Being a Real Estate Professional (& Exactly How to Qualify)
- By Matt MacFarland
From PM Insider’s Latest Posts
- Something old, something new: The RealWorld destination experience
- Where Ideas and Innovation Collide, Sparking Resilience Through STEM
- USDA Issues Updates for Rural Development Property Compliance
- Thought-provoking topics on utility management on tap at Energy Summit 2020