On this weeks edition of “The Weekly Digs”: How to get a national tenant in a retail shopping center on the Joe Fairless podcast. Quitting retail to flip houses on the Bigger Pockets’ podcast. Also, home sales rose 3.6% in December as the low unemployment rates support demand for more buying of homes in the U.S. This and more below the fold.
Get Real Estate Trends, Tips, and News delivered weekly for free.
🎧 Latest Podcasts
7X-ing her income by leaving a so-so job to flip houses! Today’s guest is Kara Beckmann, a rehabber and rental property investor who’s tearing it up in Scottsdale, Ariz., and on her Instagram page @beckmannhouse. You’ll be inspired by Kara’s journey from pastry chef to retail worker to full-time inv
📖 Latest Blog Posts
From Calculated Risk’s Most recent posts
Construction Spending Decreased in December
- by Calculated Risk on 2/03/2020 10:27:00 AM
ISM Manufacturing index Increased to 50.9 in January
- by Calculated Risk on 2/03/2020 10:05:00 AM
Black Knight Mortgage Monitor for December; “Home-price-growth rate gained steam”
- by Calculated Risk on 2/03/2020 08:59:00 AM
Monday: ISM Mfg, Construction Spending
- by Calculated Risk on 2/02/2020 11:38:00 PM
January 2020: Unofficial Problem Bank list Decreased to 64 Institutions
- by Calculated Risk on 2/02/2020 11:10:00 AM
From Realtor.com’s Latest News
U.S. Existing-Home Sales Wrapped Up 2019 on Solid Note
- Home sales rose 3.6% in December as low unemployment and rates support demand for home buying.
Pace of New-Home Construction Skyrockets in December to a 13-Year High, but Significant Headwinds Remain
- Warmer-than-usual weather gave a boost to residential construction across the country.
Aiming at Wealthy Renters, Developers Build More Luxury Apartments Than They Have in Decades
- Builders are on track to finish more new apartments in 2020 than in any year since the 1980s, a new study shows, with developers across the U.S. chasing after the more affluent tenants.
High Cost of Wildfire Insurance Hurts California Home Sales
- Buyers back out of deals or cut offers as prices of policies jump; “We’re just going to get a bunch of houses sitting on the market that won’t sell.”
From Spark Rental’s Latest Blog Posts
When Should Landlords Add a Co-Signer on a Lease?
- “I’m sorry, but you need a regular income and a good credit rating to lease one of our apartments,” Mary Keller explained to the anxious 20-year-old student eager to lease a one-bedroom unit in the popular Harlan House Apartments near the University of Arkansas. The…
7 Properties in One Year: Nathaniel & Brittany’s Rental Investing Story
- You can’t post most photos of couples in the shower together on respectable websites. Unless, of course, they’re renovating an investment property. Nathaniel and Brittany Hovsepian are 35 and 27 years old respectively, and own seven rental properties in the Central…
State Taxes Comparison: Are Americans Fleeing High-Tax States in 2020?
- It turns out Americans really do vote with their feet – especially when it comes to state tax rates. United Van Lines releases a report every year on the prior year’s migration patterns within the U.S. They just issued their 2019 report, and the data is fascinating….
Should I Hire a Property Manager? Pros, Cons & Costs
- “At what point should I hire a property manager?” Sooner or later, most real estate investors question whether to hire property management to make their rental income truly passive. I did, and I decided that for me professional management was almost as important as…
From Bigger Pockets’ Top Popular Posts
Which Renovations Will Increase Your Home’s Value (& Which Won’t)?
- By Jamie Greenberger
We’re at a Market Top, But Here’s Why You Shouldn’t Sell
- By Nathaniel Hovsepian
Why I’m Investing in Affordable Housing for the Long Haul
- By Gus Ross
From PM Insider’s Latest Posts
- 2020 Market Outlook: Steady the Course
- Self-Guided Tours: The New Frontier of Apartment Property Management?
- Five Multifamily Housing Trends for 2020
- RealWorld 2020: Improving the User Experience
🤓 From Reddit
From Reddits /r/RealEstate Subreddit
Why you might want cameras in your house when it’s listed on the market.
- current score on reddit: 222
My rent is $230?!?!?!
- current score on reddit: 210
Can I remove a tree on my property that overhangs over the neighbor’s driveway? The neighbor has made it know they do NOT want it removed.
- current score on reddit: 154