On this edition of the Weekly Digs: Ret. Navy SEAL Jocko Willink on Embracing Discomfort and Leading Through Extreme Ownership. The Six P’s of Raising Capital Like a Pro. U.S. Existing Home sales decreased 1.7% in November. And Should I Hire a Property Manager? Pros, Cons & Costs. This and more below the fold.
Sign up for the latest trends, podcasts, and tips in Real Estate. Delivered weekly
🎧 Latest Podcasts
BiggerPockets Podcast 365: Ret. Navy SEAL Jocko Willink on Embracing Discomfort and Leading Through Extreme Ownership (+ His Real Estate Investing Tips!)
Decorated Navy SEAL commander. Author. Podcaster. And house hacker?! Yes, Jocko Willink invests in real estate and shares some great tips… but that’s not the only reason he’s on the show today. And it’s not the only reason why he’s sure to be one of our most popular guests to date. You see, Jocko lo
📖 Latest Blog Posts
From Realtor.com’s Latest News
Here’s One Thing You Should Be Shopping for This Holiday Season
- Forget television sets and video games, the best thing to buy during the holiday season may be a home.
U.S. Existing Home Sales Decreased 1.7% in November
- A lack of sufficient housing inventory to meet buyer demand continues to be a limiting factor for the housing market.
Mansion Tax May Be Headed to Boston Next
- The transfer tax on homes over $2 million reflects similar hikes in New York City and London.
New-Home Construction Activity Continues to Rise, as Builders Seek Even More Building Permits
- The pace of home-building is still ramping up in the wake of this summer’s drop in interest rates.
From Spark Rental’s Latest Blog Posts
State Taxes Comparison: Are Americans Fleeing High-Tax States in 2020?
- It turns out Americans really do vote with their feet – especially when it comes to state tax rates. United Van Lines releases a report every year on the prior year’s migration patterns within the U.S. They just issued their 2019 report, and the data is fascinating….
Should I Hire a Property Manager? Pros, Cons & Costs
- “At what point should I hire a property manager?” Sooner or later, most real estate investors question whether to hire property management to make their rental income truly passive. I did, and I decided that for me professional management was almost as important as…
Should You Become a Section 8 Landlord? The Good, The Bad, & The Truth (Infographic)
- Heard tales of guaranteed rent payments, courtesy of Section 8? Deposited by the government, and paying higher-than-market rents? If these stories perked up your ears, you’re not alone. Section 8 landlords can make good money, with a lower risk of rent defaults – at…
How to Increase a Property’s Value: 11 Ideas to Boost Equity & Rents
- Looking for ways to raise your property value? Pricing in real estate has little to do with what you paid for the property, or how much you spent improving it. Real estate values and rents are based on one thing: what buyers and renters perceive the value to…
From Bigger Pockets’ Top Popular Posts
5 Reasons You Don’t Want to Be a Landlord of Multiple Properties
- By Sterling White
25 Ways to Earn Extra Cash in 2020
- By Whitney Hutten
How to Calculate Cap Rate (& Where Many People Get It Wrong)
- By Sergio Altomare
From PM Insider’s Latest Posts
- Earn continuing education credits by attending RealWorld 2020
- The Value of RealWorld? Stories, Successes, Insights and Dazzle
- Becoming More Efficient with Spend Management
- Why Retaining Employees is Just as Important as Keeping Residents