Welcome to the final edition of the Weekly Digs for the year 2019! This week: mortgage rates remain steady, but expect that to change very soon. How to Get Your Spouse or Partner on Board with your big goals. How to rent your house with no headaches, and more below the fold.
Sign up for the Weekly Digs. Hot takes, Podcasts, and more. Every week, free
🎧 Latest Podcasts
BiggerPockets Podcast 362: Big Goals? Here’s How to Get Your Spouse or Partner on Board with Jay and Wendy Papasan
“How do I get my spouse/partner on board with my real estate investing goals?” It’s the perfect time of year to think through exactly how to do that, and we have the perfect guests to offer some advice. Jay and Wendy Papasan run an annual couples’ goal-setting retreat in Austin, Texas. Today, they w
Dave recently launched a new business venture in which he helps people rent their homes, hassle free. They help homeowners from A to Z with every aspect of turning your home into an investment property. Once they have placed a renter, they continue to do everything for the owner, and send them check
📖 Latest Blog Posts
From Realtor.com’s Latest News
Mortgage Rates Hold Steady, but Economists Say Don’t Expect That to Last
- Mixed economic data meant that interest rates on home loans remained unchanged this week.
Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac Will Soon Let Borrowers Take Out Mortgages Over $500K
- The Federal Housing Finance Agency has raised the maximum conforming loan limit for the fourth straight year. Loan limits were set higher in all but 43 counties across the country.
Mortgage Rates Increased Over the Last Week—and That Could Put a Damper on the Housing Market
- The real-estate market has been slow to respond to the low interest rate environment, and rates appear to be on an upward trajectory.
Pending Home Sales Fell in October—Mainly Because Buyers Couldn’t Find Houses
- The National Association of Realtors attributed the downturn in contract signings to two factors: rising mortgage rates and a lack of homes for sale.
From Spark Rental’s Latest Blog Posts
How to Increase a Property’s Value: 11 Ideas to Boost Equity & Rents
- Looking for ways to raise your property value? Pricing in real estate has little to do with what you paid for the property, or how much you spent improving it. Real estate values and rents are based on one thing: what buyers and renters perceive the value to…
Lifestyle Creep & Keeping Up with the Joneses: Why You’re Not Rich
- Could you live on half your current income? Most people shake their heads and answer that it’s not possible. And yet there was probably a time when you did exactly that; you earned far less than you do today, and you managed to survive just fine. So what happened in…
How to Negotiate with Contractors: The Definitive Guide
- Dealing with contractors is one of the hardest parts of investing in real estate. The ones who actually return your calls promptly, show up on time for work, and complete jobs on-schedule? They charge a pretty penny for that basic level of professionalism. In fact,…
Where’s the Cheapest Real Estate in the US? Should You Invest in It?
- Everyone loves a deal, an opportunity to acquire an asset at a low cost. When retailers cut their prices on Black Friday and Cyber Monday each year, frenzied shoppers crowd the store aisles to compete for the limited items on the shelves. And every year, the mania for…
From Bigger Pockets’ Top Popular Posts
3 Reasons Newbie Investors Should Hire a Coach
- By Erin Helle
Frequently Asked Questions About Renting by the Room
- By Ryan Deasy
As a Long-Time Real Estate Investor, Here’s What I’d Do Differently If I Was Just Starting Out…
- By M. Ian Colville
From PM Insider’s Latest Posts
- Future-Enabling Apartments with Internet
- How Technology is Saving the Day on the 4P’s of Marketing
- Strengthening the Senior and Affordable Housing Industries
- Online Chat Converts into Higher Set-Visit Ratio