October of 2019 was a great month for Real Estate. Home sales rebounded 1.9% to boost the overall sales for the year. And new home construction permits hit a pre-recession high in October. Also, can you take out a HELOC on an investment property? This and more below the fold.
Sign up for the hottest newsletter in real estate. Trends, news and hot takes delivered weekly, to your inbox.
From Realtor.com’s Latest News
Existing-Home Sales Rebound 1.9% in October as Low Mortgage Rates Continue to Provide a Lift
- The numbers: Sales of previously-owned homes rose 1.9% in October — the latest housing statistic to demonstrate the upward lift low mortgage rates have provided to the U.S. real-estate market.
Permits for New-Home Construction Hit Post-Recession Record High in October
- This was the fastest rate of building-permit authorizations recorded since 2007. Housing starts also rose 3.8% as builders look to construct many more homes across the country.
Bad News, Home Buyers: It’s More Expensive for Developers to Buy Lots for New Houses
- It’s costing real-estate developers a pretty penny to purchase lots for single-family homes. And that could spell trouble for people who are struggling to afford to buy a home.
Mortgage Rates Are Increasing Again—So Why Did More People Apply for Home Loans?
- On average, the 30-year fixed-rate mortgage now comes with a rate of 3.75%. Last week, mortgage rates had fallen after three straight weeks of increases.
From Spark Rental’s Latest Blog Posts
Can You Take Out a HELOC on an Investment Property?
- Have some rental properties with equity in them, and want to access it to help you grow your real estate portfolio? One way to buy a rental property with no money down is to leverage equity in your other properties. That could mean a blanket loan against multiple…
“I Rented Dirt”: How Scott Replaced His 9-5 Income with Land Investments
- “Oh, I also had a few rental homes, but I mainly rented dirt.” So begins Scott Todd’s story, his journey from corporate manager to land investor to being able to cover his living expenses on land rental income alone. Scott reached financial independence in under a…
How Is Net Worth Calculated? Net Worth Definition & Why It Matters
- Sometimes you hear chatter on the Internet about people with an extremely high net worth (often to complain about them). But net worth isn’t something only the ultra-wealthy should be aware of. Every investor show know how net worth is calculated, what it means, and…
Minimum Down Payment for an Investment Property: How to Invest with Less
- Investing in real estate is a smart strategy for diversifying your portfolio, generating instant passive income, and building equity over time. There’s just one teensy little issue: the tens of thousands of dollars you typically need as a down payment for an…
From Bigger Pockets’ Top Popular Posts
Is the 500 Hours It Takes to Learn Investing Worth It? Yes. Unless…
- By Scott Trench
10 Lessons Learned From 5 Years of Flipping Houses
- By Ashley Wilson
Stop! DON’T Put Your Investment Property in an LLC If…
- By Matt Faircloth
From PM Insider’s Latest Posts
- Future-Enabling Apartments with Internet
- How Technology is Saving the Day on the 4P’s of Marketing
- Strengthening the Senior and Affordable Housing Industries
- Online Chat Converts into Higher Set-Visit Ratio