Fewer homeowners are burdened by Housing costs, but there’s a BIG catch. Owning a home may not eat up as much of many Americans’ income, but there is a reason for that. Also, it seems that people in New York are moving to Jersey City for upscale living in big buildings. And how is net worth calculated, anyway? This and more below the fold
Join the Weekly Digs for news, trends and hot takes every week
From Realtor.com’s Latest News
Fewer Homeowners Are Burdened by Housing Costs—but There’s a Big Catch
- Owning a home doesn’t eat up as much of Americans’ income as it did a decade ago, according to Census statistics, but the reason for that is not great.
New Yorkers Cross the River for Smaller Spaces in Big Buildings
- Young professionals are splurging on studio units in decked-out Jersey City towers, across the river from Manhattan.
Getting Down-Payment Assistance May Not Make People More Likely to Default on Their Mortgages, After All
- Down-payment assistance from government programs is especially important for minority borrowers.
Fed Cuts Rate for Third Time This Year, Hints at Pause
- The policy statement released Wednesday signaled a potentially higher bar for rate reductions after the latest move.
From Spark Rental’s Latest Blog Posts
How Is Net Worth Calculated? Net Worth Definition & Why It Matters
- Sometimes you hear chatter on the Internet about people with an extremely high net worth (often to complain about them). But net worth isn’t something only the ultra-wealthy should be aware of. Every investor show know how net worth is calculated, what it means, and…
Minimum Down Payment for an Investment Property: How to Invest with Less
- Investing in real estate is a smart strategy for diversifying your portfolio, generating instant passive income, and building equity over time. There’s just one teensy little issue: the tens of thousands of dollars you typically need as a down payment for an…
Building Equity: 10 Ways to Create Real Estate Equity Faster
- Remember the story of The Little Red Hen? She wants to bake bread, and at every step asks her friends for their help, but they all find excuses to avoid helping. Eventually she gets it all done herself and when her friends want to help her eat the bread, she says no….
Home Improvements with the Best ROI: Which Renovations Add the Most Value?
- Every real estate investor tackles home renovations sooner or later. Materials wear out, home styles change. Home updates are simply inevitable in the lifespan of a property, if you buy and hold real estate for the long term. As an investor, you naturally want to get…
From Bigger Pockets’ Top Popular Posts
3 Ways to Overcome the ‘Vegan Effect’ (aka Negativity) in Your Life
- By Brandon Turner
Climate Change Could Mean Big Spike in Home Insurance Rates
- By B.L. Sheldon
How to Build Your Real Estate Portfolio Faster Using “The Stack”
- By Brandon Turner
From PM Insider’s Latest Posts
- The Business Case for Submeter Upkeep
- Enhancing the Renter Lifecycle Through Portals
- RealPage India Adopts Government School in Hyderabad
- 6 High-Performing Content Marketing Channels to Utilize in 2020
From Reddits /r/RealEstate Subreddit
Buy the smallest house in the best neighborhood you can afford.
- current score on reddit: 178
Bought a multi family property and closed on October 31. One tenant sent Nov rent to seller by mistake and seller cashed the check but refuse to pay us. What should we do?
- current score on reddit: 181
Almost got scammed on a wire fraud
- current score on reddit: 116