This has been a crazy week in real estate. Mortgage rates are falling, but have they already been falling since before the fed reduced rates? China is influencing our mortgage rates in a big way. And it appears Rent is getting more and more expensive. Read on below:
From Realtor.com’s Latest News
Mortgage Rates Fall Sharply as Trade Concerns Mount—but Many Would-Be Borrowers Are Likely to Miss Out
- Mortgage rates dropped significantly over the past week as concerns related to the ongoing trade dispute with China and the overall health of the economy dominated headlines.
Consumer Watchdog Blasts Government’s Loan Sales Program: ‘No Rules’ to Help People Save Their Homes
- People are being hurt by federal government loan-sale programs, consumer advocates say.
One-Third of Mortgage Borrowers Are Missing This Opportunity to Save $2,000
- Consumer advocates have an important recommendation for first-time buyers to take advantage of an opportunity to save on housing costs.
Trump Administration Reducing the Size of Loans People Can Get Through FHA Cash-Out Refinancing
- Cash-out refinances have grown in popularity in recent years in tandem with ballooning home values across much of the country.
From PM Insider’s Latest Posts
RealWorld 2019: Reliving the Magic
- Taking a break from the glitz of Las Vegas, RealWorld 2019 captured the magic, imagination and inspiration known for one of America’s top vacation destinations in July. RealPage greeted customers and industry leaders for three days in Orlando and demonstrated how its software changes how people experience, utilize and monetize rental space for working, living[…]
NMHC Toolkit Designed to Stimulate Affordability in Apartment Industry
- The multifamily housing industry has reached the point of crisis in many communities where rent rises have surpassed households’ pay raises, straining affordability. Attempts – some of them successful – to enact rent control have cast a dark cloud, and leaders argue that mandatory limits to price increases aren’t a viable solution, now or tomorrow.[…]
Feeling Good Inside
- The multifamily industry impacts millions of lives every day. As such, it is in society’s best interest that multi-family professionals do what they can to create healthy indoor environments within their communities. Residents receiving the full benefit of healthy indoor air is a win for everyone. Residents benefit when apartment communities in deregulated energy markets[…]
Apartmentalize Re-Affirms that the Apartment Industry is Hitting on All Cylinders
- Leveraging data analytics improves NOI, Gen Z and Boomers are primed to make an impact on multifamily, maintenance is having greater influence on apartment brands and service animals are still a hot topic in the apartment industry. These topics and more were on the minds of multifamily professionals who converged in record numbers in June[…]
From Reddits /r/RealEstate Subreddit
- Buyer just backed out bc of bugs outside at dusk and wet grass after rain
- Agent entered without appointment – where to report
- One of my rentals turns out to be part of an association and they are forcing me to sell because properties in that area must be owner-occupied. What do I do? Wha recourse do I have against the person who sold it to me?
- I’m not selling you your home (nor am I selling a new home)!!
- Property manager wants me to pretend I’m from an insurance company during a walkthrough.
From Reddits /r/Landlord Subreddit
- [Landlord – Denver, CO] My tenants painted this mural on a wall. Using spray paint. What’s the best way to cover it up? (They also got paint on the trim and electrical outlet)
- [Landlord Canada – Qc] How to deal with tenant parking dispute?
- [Tenant-CA] our landlord says we don’t get any of our deposit back and here is the breakdown… I feel blindsided
- [Landlord – Texas] “emotional support animals”
- [Tenant US-IL] Landlord did not clean or paint after previous tenant moved out.
From Bigger Pockets’ Top Popular Posts
I’ll Never Evict a Tenant—Here’s Why
- By Ryan Deasy
8 Home Improvement Ideas Under $500
- By Sterling White
Opinion: THIS Is Hands Down the Best Way to Buy Property
- By Ryan Deasy